Saturday, December 26, 2009

What's your gender?


I've been doing some reading on gender lately, and been chatting with a fellow blogger about gender, it is truly an fascinating subject.  While many of us are sure of where they fit in the continuum of gender, others are less sure of where their gender lies.  Sandra Bem is a psychologist who works in the field of gender studies, and has invented a self test for determining your gender.  Unsure exactly what I mean when talking about gender?  This is what Wikipedia has to say on the subject.










 "Gender identity (otherwise known as core gender identity) is the gender(s), or lack thereof, a person self-identifies as. It is not necessarily based on biological fact, either real or perceived, nor is it always based on sexual orientation. The gender identities one may choose from include: male, female, both, somewhere in between ("third gender"), or neither."


Are you curious now?  Take the test, it's very simple, fairly quick, then tally your score.  Ready?  Bem Sex Role Inventory test









4 comments:

  1. Masculine score, 5.75. Feminine score, 5.1 So, I'm an androgynous. Just like I have known for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masculine is 4.45, fem is 3.15

    So what is column 3 for?

    I am so confused... lol

    I always find tests like this weird cause you are asking people to quantify thing in a non-specific way. my 7 may be your 5 but to a third party they may both be 4's. There is no standard to evaluate one person against another.

    Then again its a test I found on the internet... why should I expect more :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, according to column one I am 4.9 and then in Column 2 I am 4.3....in Column 3 I am Moo Goo Gai Pan with Egg Rolls, so I am completely lost!

    ReplyDelete