Tuesday, April 16, 2013

wherein biki's day takes an unexpected turn

Last night at supper, we decided to split an order of mussels.  When they came, starvation caused me to dig right in, but after eating two of them, the sauce gave me pause for thought.  I thought the sauce had creme in it, turns out it did, so hubby sat there an was powering thru them, when my lips started to tingle, and then my tongue, and suddenly my throat had a huge lump that made swallowing nearly impossible. 

TH ran back to the room for benadryl, and i ordered coffee, but the swelling continued, and soon it was if I were massively drunk.  A very worried TH, went to talk to the lady at the front desk who told them the fastest way to the hospital was in a taxi. A taxi was called for, and after a 40 minute ride, we arrived at the hospital.  By then the benadryl had started to work, and they gave me a giant shot of hydrocortisone, and just like a Christmas miracle, in about 10 minutes I could breath again. 10 minutes after that I could open both my eyes completely.

I'm worn out, and feel as though I were in a fight, but ok.  This totally trashes the two events we had scheduled for today and tomorrow.  Today's because TH wont leave my side, and tomorrow due to the physicalness of the outing looks to be a wash as well.  Oh, well still tis paradise here.





 


6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about the medical emergency. I'm still curious where these pictures are coming from. They're stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, what a scare.
    Glad you're on the mend though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really awful, Biki, but I'm glad you're OK. Whew!

    When you said "sauce", I wondered where this was going...several different seafood sauces have cream and other diary things in them. Glad this turned out pretty well, all things considered. Maybe you can make up some of the activities!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, sounds like an anaphylactic allergic response! Glad you're okay now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is scary, I am so sorry to hear that it happened and that it ruined your plans. However I am very glad that every thing turned our alright.

    ReplyDelete