I was looking over my blog today and came to the realization that I don't post a great deal of info about me. So, here in an easy condensed form is some random facts about me.
1. Yes, I am a girl type person. Married to a boy type person. We have four sons, and they are all my favorite! Oh, and Torchy if you are reading this post, this is for you :O
2. I live in Alaska. At 3 am, it is currently 10 degrees outside. We are having a mild winter, and I am loving it. I don't like driving when it gets slick, it scares the hell out of me. And after the thermometer dips to -20 and gets stuck there, I usually only leave the house if I have to. I am allergic to the cold!
3. I don't watch much tv. When the commercials come on, I get up and do something, and often forget to come back to finish the show. The exceptions to this is Andrew Zimmen Bizarre Foods, and Project Runway. If I watch tv, and I am alone, it is always toons. I love them! They are silly, make me laugh, and go fast enough to keep me from getting bored....
4. In a choice of sweet versus salty and/or spicy, sweet looses every single time. Suckers are my favorite form of sweet, followed by coffee ice cream, then apple pie.
5. I love beer. And prefer dark and bitter. Guinness on tap is my go to. Other than that I am a stout drinker. Usually only ever have one at a sitting, cause Biki is a cheap date!
6. So, you know I am not truly Biki Hon-ko, yeah. To explain the choice of my fake name.... 'k I love to read, words are so my friend. In japanese hon means book, and ko means child, so my 'last' name means book child. And the Biki? You say it Beekey. And it has no meaning, I just started playing with sounds I like and these went nicely together I thought.
7. I hate to use the shift key, and am always going back to shift things up to snuff. Am also a terrible speller, and when writing am usually reduced to @#$%# and then off to google to fix things up for me.
8. To use a wide brush, I don't like pop music. There are a few pop songs that have slipped in... but for the most part no. I listen to Marilyn Manson, Linkin Park, Filter, Seether, Korn, Godsmack, some Adema, some Static X, The Kills, and strangely enough Bobby Bare Jr. I like his music because of his wonderful lyrics, so smart the way he turns a phrase. And many artists that I only like one or two of their songs.
9. I can not stand to watch violent movies, read violent books, or play games where I have to kill things.... There are a few violent movies I can handle. If the kill happens like bang! and the person falls down dead, I can deal with it. But, if they are being hurt, and are crying?? No can do! And it gives me horrible terrible nightmares! How tender am I? I haven't been able to watch The Mummy, the beginning where they torture the guy, made me run from the room.
10. I love to read! My strike zone is huge. But, I have to say that I hate romance! What a waste of brain cells, might as well watch tv. Sci-fi, fantasy, manga, biographies, mysteries, old classics. My favorite authors, not listed in any order: Agatha Christie, Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins, Rudyard Kipling, Edgar Rice Burroughs, J. R. R. Tolkien, Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert, Terry Pratchett. I love manga. I started out reading Shojo which is aimed at girls, but now read mostly seinen or shouen. These last two catagories are aimed at guys. Shouen is aimed at teen boys, and is usually adventure based, Bleach is my all time favorite from this genre. Seinen is for adult men, my favorite of these is Old Boy. Also read from numerous story websites.
11. A bonus fact! I make delicious homemade bread (without the aid of any machines) and make killer pizza. In fact I was offered start up money to open up a pizza restaurant. I wanted to call it Pi. Told you I was many shades of geeky! But, I thought my children were more important than any undertaking and I turned him down.