Saturday, November 7, 2009

10 random facts about me in honor of my followers

I was looking over my blog today and came to the realization that I don't post a great deal of info about me.  So, here in an easy condensed form is some random facts about me.

1.  Yes, I am a girl type person.  Married to a boy type person.  We have four sons, and they are all my favorite!  Oh, and Torchy if you are reading this post, this is for you    :O

2.  I live in Alaska.  At 3 am, it is currently 10 degrees outside.  We are having a mild winter, and I am loving it.  I don't like driving when it gets slick, it scares the hell out of me.  And after the thermometer dips to -20 and gets stuck there, I usually only leave the house if I have to. I am allergic to the cold!

3.  I don't watch much tv.  When the commercials come on, I get up and do something, and often forget to come back to finish the show.  The exceptions to this is Andrew Zimmen Bizarre Foods, and Project Runway.  If I watch tv, and I am alone, it is always toons.  I love them!  They are silly, make me laugh, and go fast enough to keep me from getting bored....

4.  In a choice of sweet versus salty and/or spicy, sweet looses every single time.  Suckers are my favorite form of sweet, followed by coffee ice cream, then apple pie.

5. I love beer.  And prefer dark and bitter.  Guinness on tap is my go to.  Other than that I am a stout drinker.  Usually only ever have one at a sitting, cause Biki is a cheap date!

6.  So, you know I am not truly Biki Hon-ko, yeah.  To explain the choice of my fake name.... 'k I love to read, words are so my friend.  In japanese hon means book, and ko means child, so my 'last' name means book child.  And the Biki?  You say it Beekey.  And it has no meaning, I just started playing with sounds I like and these went nicely together I thought.

7.  I hate to use the shift key, and am always going back to shift things up to snuff.  Am also a terrible speller, and when writing am usually reduced to @#$%# and then off to google to fix things up for me.

8.  To use a wide brush, I don't like pop music.  There are a few pop songs that have slipped in... but for the most part no.  I listen to Marilyn Manson, Linkin Park, Filter, Seether, Korn, Godsmack, some Adema,  some Static X,  The Kills, and strangely enough Bobby Bare Jr. I like his music because of his wonderful lyrics, so smart the way he turns a phrase.  And many artists that I only like one or two of their songs.

9.  I can not stand to watch violent movies, read violent books, or play games where I have to kill things....  There are a few violent movies I can handle.  If the kill happens like bang! and the person falls down dead, I can deal with it.  But, if they are being hurt, and are crying??  No can do!  And it gives me horrible terrible nightmares!  How tender am I?  I haven't been able to watch The Mummy, the beginning where they torture the guy, made me run from the room.

10.  I love to read!  My strike zone is huge.  But, I have to say that I hate romance! What a waste of brain cells, might as well watch tv.  Sci-fi, fantasy, manga, biographies, mysteries, old classics.  My favorite authors, not listed in any order:  Agatha Christie, Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins, Rudyard Kipling, Edgar Rice Burroughs, J. R. R. Tolkien, Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert, Terry Pratchett.  I love manga.  I started out reading Shojo which is aimed at girls, but now read mostly seinen or shouen.  These last two catagories are aimed at guys.  Shouen is aimed at teen boys, and is usually adventure based, Bleach is my all time favorite from this genre.  Seinen is for adult men, my favorite of these is Old Boy.  Also read from numerous story websites.

11.  A bonus fact!  I make delicious homemade bread (without the aid of any machines) and make killer pizza.  In fact I was offered start up money to open up a pizza restaurant.  I wanted to call it Pi.  Told you I was many shades of geeky!  But, I thought my children were more important than any undertaking and I turned him down.

6 comments:

  1. Now I understand how, with a fiery and right-on sense of justice which you demonstrated in that post about fighting for rights - I can see a bit of where you're coming from.

    BTW - everyone else uses Celsius not Fahrenheit, so that led to an interesting three minute diversion while Pete and I tried to agree on how cold '10' or '-20' is in real money. Didn't help in that at one stage (being an aero engineer at a desk type) he was verging on 273 degrees Absolute conversion by mistake!

    Oh and what's 'suckers' - some sort of sugar lollipop perhaps? ? ?

    And what about Horowitz or even, dare, I say, Rowling?

    Have you read 'Kieran's Kingdom' yet, if you're a reader of blog stories?

    http://kierankingdom.blogspot.com/2009_04_02_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the temp thingy. It is -12 C.
    Yup a sucker is a lolipop.

    I love Horowitz AND Rowling. My list wasn't a closed and finished list. And I was one of those mad Potter fans who would read each book nonstop. In my hand, in the kitchen cooking up supper, in hand while doing laundry, some else had to do the washing up, because books and water don't mix!
    Haven't read that one yet. I meant to say I read from: Nifty, Awesomedude, Crvboy, and Adultfanfiction. Honestly, since I have started writing I'm reading much less. And if I had more alone time could most likely write even faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH #9, about the video games, have you ever played Harvest Moon? Its a farming game and its AMAZING! Seriously, I have wasted more days of my life on that game than I care to admit. The best part is that the keep releasing new titles, and even though the story is basically the same, I keep buying them.

    You should totally open a pizza shop! Your kids are old enough now that they can take care of themselves. I might even consider a trip to Alaska if the "pi" was good enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what a great post and a great idea I man steal this idea from you someday and do it on my blog. Oh love the chat we had the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling us more about yourself and for your thoughtful response to a recent post on my blog. It is a pleasure to know people in our corner of the blogosphere, girl or boy type person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your marriage to a boy type person and hats off to being a girl type person in a rather boy type dominated blogosphere.

    I greatly enjoyed getting to know you even more and also wanted to let you know, that although your blog was somewhat sad/dark as you had warned me it would be, I loved it!

    As far a pizza goes, start it up now, ill come visit! I love great homemade pizza and make my own wonderful creations almost weekly!

    Lots of love,
    Ryan

    PS; Thanks for the link on here to Gay Onion! I will make sure I add a link to you on my home blog soon soon!

    ReplyDelete