Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Friend, The Renaissance Festival, and I

I whined and complained about going, and thought it was going to be way to hot and recipe for sunburn for only a few hours of boredom.  But I went and am glad I did!  Next year I'd like to go back in February when the Festival opens, before the sun gets quite so hot and I have to carry a silly sun umbrella to keep from turning into bacon.

All pictures will embiggen.

We are waiting in "line" to go in.  It takes forever due to bag checks.

Best Friend Tori, wanted to go in her furry suit, but the weather was forecast to be in the high 80's to low 90's.  So she attended as Super Kitty!  Loads of people adored her shirt!

We walked around, sat in a few entertainments, one was funny bawdy show called, "Wenches at the Well".  Those ladies really knew how to work the crowd.
This wasn't the same ladies that did the Arizona show, but it was the same script.



 Walking to find the privies we happened across "Three Guys and a bunch of Drums" and sat and enjoyed their show as well.  They weave funny skits in with drumming.

After walking about for a while, we were both getting hungry.  Oh dear, there wasn't anything that I saw was safe, until!  A booth offering baked potatoes loaded with dairy, and they sold brats and sauerkraut.  So I channeled my inner Tim Gunn and made it work.  Was it the best lunch?  No, but it was filling and not that bad!


While Tori was petting some doggies, two fellas walked by and my jaw dropped with amazement.  I grabbed Tori and we began to hunt down these guys, and then!  There they were!  The short one was mega hot in some weird Greek Mythical way......


As we were leaving we met two brave, or fool hearty Furries, can't decide which.  Tori just had to pose for a snap with them.


After 3 hours the sun and the heat was sapping us, and it was time to go.  Next year we are going in early February when it opens!






4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to a Ren Fair just once to see how it is, but I think the nearest one is over 100 miles away and never advertised where I live.

    I'm glad you had fun, and better yet, found something to eat that wouldn't hurt you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to one way way back in my California days. It was a good time.
    Your pictures brought back all kinds of crazy memories for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cool! Love the pictures! You looked particularly handsome with those two THINGS on either side of you!

    The dinner gave me an idea! Love how you made it work!

    Another blogger, who seems to have abandoned his blog (and killed all posts), does the whole Ren Faire thing in two or three groups. It's pretty cool.

    Glad you had so much fun.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great you had so much fun with the furries. We have a Ren Faire here in PA and I have never seemed to get to it. Maybe this year. I always think of the King holding a big turkey drumstick for some reason.

    ReplyDelete