Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas in Arizona

It rarely snows in the great Phoenix area, yeah that shocked ya back a bit didn't it!  Last year we did have a brief snowstorm, but it was in late January, not around Christmas.  Every year the Tempe Marketplace Mall has a snowstorm from daily from 7-8 pm. The kids run around trying to catch the flakes, it really is festive.  Its really amazing, to watch it snow at 60F!  I tried to capture a picture of it, but some how I just couldnt get the snow to show up with the camera in my iphone, so here's a snap I found on the webby.
These next two are my photos, snapped at the Tempe Marketplace on a Meetup movie night.
There are festive Christmas lights everywhere, but the malls really go all out with their decorations.  So, even if it doesn't have that Christmas card look of glistening snow laying around and about, it does lift ones spirits.

Tomorrow, the 15th, I fly back to Alaska for 2 weeks to celebrate with the family.  Without a doubt I am going to die of cold.  Today while doing laundry, which is on the patio, the cold was biting into me quite firmly.  Convinced that the temps had to be hovering around freezing, I did a quick check on my phone to find out it was all of 53......sigh.  I have turned into a weather wimp!  The high today at my Alaskan home was 7. 










This will be me on the way to the grocery store!  Gotta watch out for those polar bears, dontcha know.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gillie
    Yeah, Alaska will be quite a shock to the system, I'm sure! We are planning for snow here, and not in a good way. Just got a new snowblower and sold my old one. I am hoping this means we won't get any snow this year!
    Merry Christmas!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you. Now that I have boots and warm clothing for any occasion, I wish I could go play in the snow. Even if it were only for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even after living in Miami, I haven't gotten used to Christmas Lights on Palm trees!

    Safe travels, stay warm, happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little behind! I hope your trip is easy peasy! Love the pics of the market. Very nice!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete